Introduction: 3 reasons smartlipo is gaining popularity
If you have excess body fat in just about any area – the stomach, thighs, buttocks, arms, or hips – Smartlipo™ can help. Some people even elect to have Smartlipo performed on their neck, face, chest, jowls, or knees along with 360 care plan.
This innovative procedure removes excess fat and firms loose skin. The procedure offers a relatively quick solution to those troublesome spots and is thus really popular among people looking to achieve a slimmer, more streamlined physique. Smartlipo may just be the right choice for you too.
During Smartlipo, one of our doctors here at Healthy Life Bariatrics inserts a probe equipped with a low-energy laser that destroys fat cells, which are then drained away through a small tube called a cannula.
Here are three reasons Smartlipo is gaining popularity:
1. Smartlipo Melts Fat
Smartlipo is effective at transforming the way you look. The procedure literally melts fat away, especially stubborn fat that fails to respond to diet and exercise. While the effects are usually localized, a procedure can remove up to 8 pounds of fat. The heat from the laser energy melts the fat, so it's easily removed with a cannula.
The procedure removes fat cells, so the results are permanent. You can maintain your new, slim physique with moderate exercise and a healthy diet.
2. It's Minimally Invasive
Because Smartlipo is performed using minimally invasive techniques, recovery requires just one or two days. Although every surgery has some risks, Smartlipo is one of the safest techniques available.
You don't have to undergo general anesthesia for Smartlipo, and the incisions are small, which means minimal scarring and a nearly pain-free procedure. During the procedure, you may feel a little pressure, but the sensations are quite tolerable.
Smartlipo does involve some minor-to-moderate discomfort during healing, so you may want to take a day or two off from work following the procedure. During this healing time, you est, eat a low-sodium diet and resist the urge to exercise or do strenuous activity.
Traditional liposuction usually requires long recovery time and up to six weeks of wearing a compression garment. With Smartlipo, you usually recover in just a couple of days and need to wear a compression garment for just one week.
3. Smartlipo also Tightens Skin
With traditional liposuction or weight loss programs, you may end up with sagging skin once you lose all the extra pounds. Because Smartlipo involves laser energy, it simultaneously firms your skin as it melts fat. Traditional liposuction doesn't provide this skin-tightening benefit, so you face the very real side effect of sagging skin.
Tighter, firmer skin makes you look toned and more youthful. Plus, you can actually show off your new look in tight-fitting or figure-exposing clothes, like skinny jeans and bathing suits.
Who is a Candidate for Smart Lipo?
Smart lipo works well for candidates with a stable body weight who struggle with isolated fat pockets and skin laxity. Ideal candidates have good skin elasticity. If your skin has lost significant elasticity or you have other health issues, a traditional excision surgery with more extensive skin removal may be a better option than smart lipo.
The best way to determine if you are a good candidate is by consulting with a board-certified cosmetic surgeon. But in general, the best candidates for smart lipo include:
- Those with isolated, diet and exercise-resistant fat pockets around the abdomen, hips, thighs, arms, back, chin or neck
- Those with fat deposits in certain problem areas
- Those with mild to moderate skin sagginess or laxity
- Those who are at or near their ideal body weight
- Healthy individuals who do not have circulation issues or diabetes
- Those with realistic expectations for the procedure
If you meet the above criteria, you may be an excellent candidate for smart lipo. Schedule a consultation with a board-certified cosmetic surgeon to determine candidacy.
The Benefits of Smart Lipo
There are many advantages smart lipo has over traditional liposuction. The most notable benefits include:
- Less Bruising: Smart lipo causes less bleeding and bruising compared to old methods of liposuction. The laser energy cauterizes small blood vessels as fat is removed, minimizing bruising.
- Faster Recovery: Smaller incisions and gentler fat removal techniques mean minimal downtime. Most patients can return to non-strenuous work 2-3 days after smart lipo treatment. Exercise and other strenuous activity should wait 7-10 days.
- Reduced Swelling & Discomfort: The laser treats tissue more gently, reducing inflammation, discomfort, and swelling following the procedure. Prescription medications manage most smart lipo pain.
- Enhanced Skin Tightening: The laser energy stimulates collagen production for noticeable skin tightening. As the laser destroys fat cells, the tissue in surrounding areas gets warmer, stimulating collagen for firmer skin.
- Smoother Results: Smart lipo achieves a more uniform result since the laser's heat allows for very precise targeting and elimination of small fat deposits. The laser’s guided energy results in fewer irregularities and smoother contours.
- Short Procedure Time: Removing fat precisely with the laser’s assistance takes less time than manual liposuction alone. Shorter procedure times equate to less anesthesia exposure.
What to Expect During a Smart Lipo Procedure The first step is to have a consultation appointment with your surgeon. The surgeon will evaluate your goals, and medical history, and conduct an exam to determine if you are a good candidate. You may also discuss the specifics of where you would like fat reduced and might view before/after pictures of similar procedures.
Prior to treatment: Your surgeon will provide pre-procedure instructions like discontinuing certain medications or supplements beforehand that may lead to increased bleeding risks. For example, you will need to refrain from taking aspirin, ibuprofen, vitamin E, or certain herbs.
The procedure: On procedure day, expect to arrive 1 hour early to check in and get prepped for surgery. The procedure itself takes between one to six hours depending on the number of areas treated. Here is what you can expect:
- You will receive general anesthesia or local anesthesia with IV sedation to keep you comfortable.
- Your surgeon will make tiny 0.5 - 3 millimeter incisions near the treatment site. The laser fiber and a thin tube called a cannula will pass through these incisions during treatment.
- Using ultrasound guidance, your surgeon will pass the laser fiber through the incision toward targeted fat deposits. The controlled laser energy heats and liquefies fat while coagulating tiny blood vessels.
- Next, the surgeon gently moves the cannula in controlled motions to suction the destroyed fat cells from the body.
- Additional passes may remove more fat layer by layer until your goals are met. Your surgeon may make more incisions to treat other areas in the same fashion by repeating the above steps. Treatments usually take one to six hours depending on the number of areas.
- At the end, the surgeon will close the tiny incisions carefully with tape, glue, stitches, or staples depending on the location.
Which Body Areas Can Smart Lipo Treat?
Smart lipo works very well at eliminating small, localized fat deposits in most areas of the body. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved laser liposuction treatment for the neck, abdomen, thighs, hips, arms, back, stomach, chin, flanks or love handles area and more.
The most commonly treated smart lipo areas include:
Abdomen - Great for targeting resistant fat accumulations below the belly button, upper pouch pooching, and bulges along the waist.
Flanks and Love Handles - Eliminates stubborn fat padding along the back and sides above the hip bones. Achieves a slimmer waistline silhouette.
Back Fat - Difficult-to-lose back rolls and bulges respond extremely well to laser liposuction.
Upper Arms - Discreetly sculpts flabby upper arms for better definition and tone.
Bra and Side Rolls - Excellent for treating dense side and back fat pads near the bra line.
Inner and Outer Thighs - Reshapes fuller mid-inner thighs to address the “saddlebag area.” Also minimizes outer thighs.
Knees - Removes stubborn fat deposits just above or below the knee.
Chin and Neck - Excellent for removing small fat pockets and double chin fullness. Results in a sleeker jawline and tighter neck skin.
Conclusion: 3 Reasons Smartlipo is gaining popularity
If you desire a slimmer you with tighter skin but don't want to undergo major surgery, Smartlipo is for you. At Healthy Life Bariatrics, we review your aesthetic goals and health to determine if you're a good candidate for the procedure. The team wants to help you look and feel your best by taking advantage of the 3 Reasons Smarlipo is gaining popularity. Call our office or click the button here on the website to get started.